Last Updated: December 9, 2019
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the rvetclinic.com website and all content available through the website (collectively referred to as Richmond Veterinary Clinic).
rvetclinic.com is owned and operated by Richmond Veterinary Clinic. rvetclinic.com is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies (including, without limitation, Richmond Veterinary Clinic’s Terms of Service) and procedures that may be published from time to time on rvetclinic.com (collectively referred to as the “Agreement”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using rvetclinic.com. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or rvetclinic.com use any services.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, respond to a survey or marketing communication or enter information on rvetclinic.com.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf our website or use other site features may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and allow rvetclinic.com to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested in
- To improve customer relations in responding to your customer service requests
- To send periodic updates on company services
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- To follow up with customers after correspondence of email, phone inquiries or live chat
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include full detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do not ask for sensitive information via our online forms and any information submitted via those forms are sent in clear text via email, which is not a secure form of communication. Do not submit any sensitive information via our online forms (e.g. Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Driver’s License Number, etc)
- We only provide articles and information
- We do not ask for credit card numbers, social security numbers, date of birth, or driver’s license numbers.
- We use regular malware scanning
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties users’ Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
How Does Our Site Handle Do Not Track Signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place; however, your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on the collection of certain information by the website’s security mechanisms that are in place to improve security. Be advised that any third party links on the website may or may not honor Do Not Track Signals. Below are links that explain how to turn on and off Do Not Track Signals in some of the browsers.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email:
- Within 1 business day
- We will notify the users via in-site notification:
- Within 1 business day
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
This Agreement does not transfer from rvetclinic.com to you any of rvetclinic.com or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with rvetclinic.com. The Richmond Veterinary Clinic logo and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Richmond Veterinary Clinic are trademarks or registered trademarks of rvetclinic.com. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with rvetclinic.com may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of rvetclinic.com grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of the rvetclinic.com or third-party trademarks.
Richmond Veterinary Clinic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to rvetclinic.com following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Richmond Veterinary Clinic may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through rvetclinic.com (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Disclaimer of warranties